Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Who wrote Ecclesiastes?

In the back of my Bible it says that its author is unknown, except that he is a son of David and a King over Israel.  That is absolutely wrong.

In chapter 1 verse 16 it says:  I communed with mine own heart, saying, Lo, I am come to great estate, and have gotten more wisdom than all they that have been before me in Jerusalem: yea, my heart had great experience of wisdom and knowledge.

That verse tells us that the author was wiser than all before him.  What son of David was wiser than all before him?

Now look at chapter 2 verse 1-7 especially 7:  I got me servants and maidens, and had servants born in my house; also I had great possessions of great and small cattle above all that were in Jerusalem before me:

He was richer than all that were before him.  Now what son of David was richer and wiser than Solomon?  From this you see, Solomon wrote Ecclesiastes.   There was no son of David as great as him.

Thanks for reading.
           
                                  In Christ,
                                                     Flame of Jah