Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014 in Review

I can hardly believe that this year is actually coming to a close...  What a year.  I look forward to what next year will bring.  So much happening right now, so  much change that this year has brought.  2014 has been a time of sorrow and healing, a time of learning, learning to lean on Christ, learning to be content where I am and with what I have.  So often I am tempted to look at what I don't have and I missed all the many blessings I do have.  I am so blessed to have the family I have.  I am blessed with a wonderful home, a wonderful savior and oh so much more....
So my friends, I am going to take you on a little journey...  A journey of what I have begun in earnest this year, a little journey that I hope will edify you and make you desire to bring Him glory.  Let us begin.

I have learned that one rarely loses a friend, rather, we find the true friends....  The people that will stick by you thick and thin, those that will love you no matter what, disagree with you, tell you so and still be friends, let you tell them they are wrong and agree to disagree.  It is hard, yes very hard when a person you care about leaves your life, I for one feel as though my heart is getting shredded out when I see the distance growing....  I want to fix it but I can't, then I realize who my real friends are...  It isn't easy, no, it isn't easy.  Just remember that even when all forsake you, when all turn on you, you still have Christ.  Turn to him, he will never leave you, nor forsake you all the days of your life.  He is the true friend.   Without him and the family he has blessed me with, I don't know how I would cope.  He is faithful.  No matter the pain or sorrow, take it to him.

The blessings of the simple things of life.  How much they mean to me now.  At the end of the day little else matters.  My savior, my family, my home...  How can I be discontent when I have so much, oh so much.  Yet, I see other's lives, and seeds of discontentment arise.  I forget the many blessings I have and I want what others have.  I must refocus.  Discontentment brings no good.

One thing I have learned this year, if you are stagnant, if your life seems to be at a standstill, there is only one way to move it, hard work and prayer.  You must pray for guidance and then work hard.  My life needed to move again, I was stagnant.  I was working, but just enough to get by, just enough to get through the day.  I wasn't going forward.  I was stuck.  Slowly it dawned on me, if I am to get out of this rut, I will have to work, and work hard.  This was a huge lesson for me this year.  If I am to get anywhere, if I am to change anything I am going to have to work for it like crazy.  

The last thing I would like to say is something about my wonderful family.  They mean so much, they are always there for me.  They will always love me no matter what, stand by me when I am sad, or attacked and be there when I just need to vent, they are the best :).  What can I say people, never forget your family.  My family is the truest friends I have.  Oh, thank you Jesus for giving me such a wonderful family :).

I hope this ramble means something to someone,

God bless,
Flame of Jah

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It meant something to me... our years in review might be quite similar... The promises of God, such as the never leave you that you mentioned, are what we need to take hold of and be encouraged by!

The satisfaction there is to be had in Jesus Christ surpasses anything there is to be had in this life or world! Let us look forward and up and dwell on those things! Our joy will be full!

Thank you for sharing, May the LORD bless your 2015 to be filled with many tender mercies and all of His loving kindness as you delight in Him daily!

In Christ,
Brytni Jade

Kelsianne said...

Yes, so true. Happy New Year!

Kelsey