Sunday, October 7, 2012

A series on Hell....

It seems that there is much confusion today among believers and non-believers alike as to the true nature of Hell.  In the next series of posts I will use scripture to establish, that, Hell is, and what it is.  Why is this important?  First and foremost, I believe that it is due to a misunderstanding of what Hell is that leads so many believers into apathy.  If you really understood how terrible that place is, and truly believed that it was real, you'd feel a much greater burden to tell people that they are in sin and going there, and that they must believe on Jesus Christ to be saved from it.  Hell is very real, and it is very dreadful, when I think about it, I can only but thank God for His gift to us, so that we don't have to go there.  It is very interesting that the Church has made a shift to preaching on getting saved so that you can go to heaven.  That is not why Christ died, He died to pay for our sin, so, if we believe on Him, we don't have to pay the just penalty for our sins, in Hell.  Hell is where all non-believers go, and if Jesus had not paid the penalty for our sins, we'd be there too.  Jesus did not die so we could go to heaven, he died out of mercy to give us a way to not go to hell. Next post up, I'll prove that hell is real, and that it is a real place of torment.  After that I'll try to illistrate in a post what would be like to be in Hell.  Remember folks, eternity is a long time, a very long time, please don't forget that...

May the Lord Bless you as you study His word, and serve Him from day to day,

Flame of Jah

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to hear your thoughts on the delineation between Sheol and the Lake of Fire, and also, what you think of the concept of "soul sleep".

Flame of Jah said...

I will talk about the difference between Hell, and the Lake of Fire, in my post on what Hell is. Both are places of torment, and separation, and both are terrible. I stuck with the common term of Hell here, just to keep it simple.
As far a "soul sleep", I find nothing in scripture to support that, in fact much to support the opposite, such as the verse, "to be absent in body is to be present with the Lord," or the cloud of witnesses spoken of in Hebrews, or the Saints under the alter in Revelation.

God Bless,

Flame of Jah

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the sensible critique. Me & my cousin were just preparing to do some research on this. We got a book from our local library but I think I learned better from this post. I’m very glad to see such great info being shared freely out there…

Flame of Jah said...

I am glad that you found this post helpful, I will have another part of the series up soon, stay tuned...

As a little side-note, I do not mind folks disagreeing with me, if you do, say why and we can discuss it. In fact I would welcome it.

God Bless,
Flame of Jah

Anonymous said...

Have you given any consideration at all with translating your current site in to French? I know a several of translaters right here that will would help you do it for no cost if you wanna get in touch with me.

Flame of Jah said...

Hmm, I've never thought of it, but, sure, I can put a translator on it, that would not be a problem. My e-mail is in my profile page.

God Bless,
Flame of Jah

Anonymous said...

Thx for your post, I really enjoy your blog. Long time lurker, first time commenter, you know the drill. I tried to share this one time before, I don’t think it posted correctly…hopefully it will this time!

Anonymous said...

Hello, very professional high level blog! thank you for sharing. Because of good writing, and I learned a lot, and I am glad to see such a beautiful thing. Sorry for my bad English. ?